Good Morning, Friends! I pray that everyone is well on this glorious Monday Morning!
I believe I mentioned in a previous post that Damon and I had discussed getting out and exploring the great DFDub! (That is DFW for those of you that are like, “What???” Deeper explanation: Dallas/Ft Worth) LOL! We are always the ultimate tourists whenever we visit other areas, so why not do the same in our own? It will definitely save us a lot of headache and expense. We can drive ourselves, and don’t need to spend any extra”chedda” on a hotel room that needs to sleep 5+people. So, what I have done here, is compiled a list of the things that we have got planned to visit this summer. Maybe we’ll see you at one of these spots. ;0)
Family Friendly Outings:
- Klyde Warren Park– We’ve been a few times before, but I know the summer will be packed with all sorts of activities, not to mention the yumm-o food trucks. https://www.klydewarrenpark.org/
- The Ft. Worth Zoo-The last time I went, I was probably a pre-schooler. I believe that my Littles will really enjoy it. https://www.fortworthzoo.org/
- The Perot Museum-A little Science & Nature for everybody! https://www.perotmuseum.org/
- Ft. Worth Stockyards-Ft. Worth is a place that I have never really ventured out to. Being a Texas Girl, how dare I not visit good Ol’ Cow Town! https://www.fortworthstockyards.org/
- Sea Life Aquarium in Grapevine– Another outing that Drew would be ecstatic about. I have noticed that quite a few field trips happen here. https://www.visitsealife.com/grapevine/
- Ripley’s Believe it or Not-I have always wanted to go here. I very often see Groupon discounts that would really help out. On the list! https://www.ripleys.com/grandprairie/
Restaurants: I have heard and read some good things about these places. “Great Kid Friendly Atmosphere”, is what I have seen the most.
- Chicken Scratch– Chicken Scratch
- The Lot– “Good Food, Cold Beer, Cool Patios” http://www.thelotdallas.com/
- Hat Creek Burgers– https://hatcreekburgers.com/
- Arepa, TX– https://www.arepatx.com/
- Hypnotic Emporium-Sweet treats all around. Yes, Please? https://www.hypnoticemporium.com/
I’m so stoked! This list will definitely get us started. Do any of you locals have any suggestions? I would love to hear from you. We ain’t just gonna talk about it, we are about to BE ABOUT IT! Right??? Until next time…